Spanish is one of the best languages you can learn if you need to choose a second language. Learning Spanish offers you countless opportunities, as you can connect with large numbers of people, especially in the Americas. It is also estimated that more than 22 million people in more than 107 countries in the world as Spanish choose their second language.
- 1. Mondly: Learn Spanish. Speak Spanish
- 2. Wlingua: Learn Spanish – Español
- 3. Learn Spanish with SpeakTribe
- 4. Learn Spanish free for beginners
- 5. FunEasyLearn: Learn Spanish – 15,000 Words
- 6. LinDuo HD: Spanish for Beginners
- 7. Chungaboo : Learn Spanish for Kids
- 8. Duolingo: Learn Languages Free
- 9. Rosetta Stone: Learn and Speak New Languages
- 10. Busuu: Learn Languages – Spanish
The apps we introduce to you in this article have features that make it very easy to learn Spanish anytime, anywhere. If you want to learn Spanish, you can check out these Spanish learning apps first and then install them on your phone.
In this list, we have sorted the apps based on the number of installs they have from the Play Store and the points they have received from their users. Of course, priority is given to apps that focus on learning Spanish, and popular apps like Duolingo or Babbel are ranked lower because they are used to learning multiple languages. Otherwise, those are good and best language learning apps for android and have a very high number of installations.
1. Mondly: Learn Spanish. Speak Spanish
Learn Spanish with Mondly. With its daily lessons to help you learn Spanish quickly and deeply, this app is one of the best choices. With Mondly, you can memorize Spanish words and see their use in sentences. The lessons that are considered for you, depending on your level, include various exercises such as reading, writing, listening, and speaking.
The app also has a fairly complete dictionary with which you can see the full description of the new words you learn. However, these explanations are not as useful as the best dictionary android apps. With over 50 million users and an outstanding 4.7 out of 5 in the Google Play Store, Mondly is one of the TopWonk recommended apps.
- Pronunciation of words by native persons
- Frequently used term for everyday conversations
- Using the ILA (Immersive Language Acquisition) method
- Lots of notifications to buy the premium version
- Restrictions on use in the free version
2. Wlingua: Learn Spanish – Español
One of the simplest yet useful apps for learning Spanish is a product from Wlingua. According to different levels and the latest teaching methods, this team of language learning app developers has designed exercises for you that by doing them daily, you can speak Spanish in a short time.
Learn Spanish – Español works online with over 520 lessons, and you will learn thousands of new words after completing them all. Of course, the exercises in this application are not limited to vocabulary training. You will also learn Spanish grammar during the exercises and can build sentences over time.
The pronunciation of the words in this application is available in two dialects, European and Mexican, and you can choose one of them according to your opinion. At the end of each step, you will be presented with a certificate that creates a good user experience.
- Certification at the end of each step
- Pronounced in both European and Mexican dialects
- Learn words along with grammar
- Limit on the number of steps in the free version
- Minor bugs on some devices
3. Learn Spanish with SpeakTribe
SpeakTribe is another fantastic app that helps its users learn and speak Spanish. This application focuses more on the names, verbs, and phrases that are common in Spanish countries. The app has more than one million installs in the Google Play Store, and the score it gets from its users is 4.6 out of 5, which seems like an acceptable score.
In addition, most of the learning methods in this program include listening and speaking exercises. SpeakTribe teaches you everything you need to know about Spanish in terms of grammar, vocabulary, and confusing concepts. Also, the gamification and user interface design of this app is such that it makes you eager to go through the next steps and learn new words.
- Good UI and gamification
- Grammar tips between lessons
- Conversation and listening exercises
- Limited number of lessons in the free version
- The microphone has a bug for practicing speaking on some devices
4. Learn Spanish free for beginners
If you have just decided to learn Spanish, we suggest you install this app. This application, as its name suggests, is made for beginners and is completely free. Of course, in the free version, you have to tolerate in-app ads. Otherwise, you have to pay for the upgrade to the premium version. The app also includes various exercises to strengthen various aspects of your skills and works offline. If you have trouble connecting to the Internet while using apps, you can use Offline language learning apps.
- Completely free and offline
- Diverse exercises for different levels
- Over 500 words with pictures for better memorization
- In-app ads are annoying
- Not so nice UI
5. FunEasyLearn: Learn Spanish – 15,000 Words
Learn Spanish fast and easy with FunEasyLearn! The app, which was also named in the list of the best Italian learning apps for android, has been downloaded more than a million times from the Google Play Store and has received an acceptable score of 4.5 out of 5 from its users.
The main focus of this app is on learning Spanish words, which with its interesting and attractive illustrations that it does for them, helps you memorize new words easily.
- Attractive illustrations for better vocabulary learning
- Detailed statistics and results of the learning process
- Active offline
- Smart search
- Limit on the number of lessons in the free version
- Occupies memory for downloading files and working offline
6. LinDuo HD: Spanish for Beginners
We have already seen LinDuo HD in the list of the best German learning android apps and French learning android apps. Although it has just started its work and does not have many users, it has shown a very good performance. Spanish for Beginners has about 100,000 installs from the Google Play Store to date and has received an outstanding 4.8 rating from its users, which indicates that it has satisfied them.
Native people record the pronunciation of the words in this application, and in the settings section, you can specify whether you want to hear the sounds with the voice of a woman or a man.
- Pronunciation of words by native people
- Ability to change the difficulty level of lessons
- Active support
- 15-minute limit for daily practice in the free version
- Many in-app ads
7. Chungaboo : Learn Spanish for Kids
If you are looking for an app to teach Spanish to your child, we recommend Chungaboo. Designed specifically for children to learn Spanish, this app entertains your child with beautiful, child-friendly illustrations while teaching them new Spanish words. If you want to have more options to choose from, see the list of the best language learning android apps for kids.
- More than 300 common Spanish words
- A variety of topics including colors, animals, foods and more
- Engaging and interesting music videos in Spanish
- Limited features in the free version
- In-app payments
8. Duolingo: Learn Languages Free
Duolingo teaches Spanish for free. Along with all the best language learning Android apps, this app has a higher score and more installations. The app also won the Best App Award in 2013 on both the App Store and Google Play Store platforms.
Spanish language teaching in Duolingo is divided into different sections such as education, business, medicine, etc. This app is designed in such a way that with the progress of each level, its difficulty increases. Chapters are generally categorized into two groups: tenses and other items such as nouns, adjectives, adverbs, interrogative words, pronouns, and so on. Additional features such as following friends, setting a daily schedule to monitor progress, measuring word forgetfulness, and a virtual store is other features of Duolingo.
- Excellent gamification and perfect UI
- An active community of 300 million people
- Editor’s Choice and “Best of the Best” from Google Play
- Requires a permanent internet connection
- In-app ads
9. Rosetta Stone: Learn and Speak New Languages
Rosetta Stone is free in demo mode, but you must purchase the premium version to use all its features. Rosetta Stone application is one of the most famous and oldest software among Spanish language learning apps. With this application, instead of learning the language through English, you will learn Spanish through Spanish! In other words, this app teaches us Spanish like a child just starting to learn a language. In this app, all words, phrases, and audio files are in Spanish, and you will not receive any English translations. If you think you need a translator, you might want to take a look at the Offline Translation Apps list.
In this application, the voice recognition feature is also designed for pronunciation practice, which has the ability to distinguish the pronunciation of a native language from a non-native one. For a learner, the pronunciation of words, even those we know the meaning, is very important so that this feature can help you a lot.
- No in-app ads
- Training without the use of translation
- Pronounce words like a native person
- Minor bugs on some devices
10. Busuu: Learn Languages – Spanish
Unlike many Spanish learning apps, Busuu has a variety of active users. This means that in addition to listening, reading, and writing, this application has a strong speaking section so that you can prepare yourself for many exercises in the speaking section. The learning levels of this application are based on the CEFR standard.
The lesson begins with teaching the keywords. This will prepare you for the conversation. After the conversation lesson, you practice writing about the topic for other people. Then you will come to the speaking section where you are talking to a native. In general, with busuu you cover all language skills, although this app is one of the strongest and most suitable applications for strengthening speaking skills.
- Active community of users
- Ability to talk to a native
- Designing courses according to CEFR standard
- Minor bugs on some devices
All you need to learn Spanish is a smartphone! You can easily learn Spanish through music, video, pictures, and interactive exercises. There are also many applications for learning Spanish that you can use depending on your needs. In this article, we introduced some of the best Spanish learning applications that are very useful and popular. With these applications, in addition to learning a new language, you will enjoy their excellent gamification and user experience.
Is it possible to learn Spanish with these language learning apps?
If you want to start learning Spanish as a beginner, the applications that we introduce to you in this article will come in handy. Of course, in addition to doing the exercises given to you in these apps, it is good to have one of the best Translation Android Apps to search for the meaning of words or phrases that you did not understand. Also, some of the applications introduced in this list have designed courses for professionals that can be useful.
How can we use the applications you have introduced?
At the end of the description section of each of the Spanish learning apps in this article, there is a button that links to the app specifications page in the Google Play Store. You can download and install the application you want by clicking this button.
Are there any Spanish learning apps for the iPhone on this list?
Many of these apps also have iOS versions that you can find by searching their name in the App Store. Usually, the features of the apps are the same in both Android and IOS versions. So, you can read app reviews in this article and then choose which one you want to use.