PDF is the most papular format in all digital documents and tools for reading or editing this type of file are in almost all platforms like desktop device or mobile phones. Your choices are limited if you need to edit a PDF but make it remain in PDF format. PDF files are usually mainly intended for reading, not editing but there are many online and offline tools for this goal we reviewed below.
1. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
We would like to highly recommend Adobe Acrobat Pro DC if you are looking for a powerful program to read PDF files. It consists of 3 components: Acrobat DC, which allows you to perform a range of editing functions on your PDF files on desktop or mobile phones, Adobe Document Cloud, which allows you to build and export PDF files and store and submit files and collect electronic signatures, The software allows all PDF files with a wide variety of functions to be converted, edited, and annotated. It is also important to remember that PDF editing is not only for large corporations, but for individuals and small companies as well. If you are able to pay for it’s pro version then Acrobat Pro Dc is the best choice for veiwing or editing any PDF.
- View, comment and print all PDFs
- Annotate PDFs from anywhere
- Connected to the Cloud for easy file access
- Take your PDFs to go with the Reader mobile App
- Read text out loud for hard to read documents
- Convert – to and from formats like, Excel & Word
- more expensive PDF editor compared to other softwares
2. Nitro Pro
The PDF reader and editor that does everything you’ll ever need to do with PDF files is Nitro Pro. If you are finding a full-option PDF creator or want to know what is the best pdf reader and pdf editor for windows we introduce Nitro pro. Nitro Pro offers similarly strong performance and robust functionality as the first and leading replacement for Adobe Acrobat DC, at half the cost. Nitro Pro has a number of editing tools, in addition to displaying PDFs as the basic capability. By this PDF editing tools you can insert and edit text and images , insert and edit fonts, layouts, and pages , optimize, shrink, and repair PDF files , visual rotation of images and pages , insert and edit bookmarks, links, headers, numbering, and watermarks, create searchable and editable PDFs from scans with OCR and many other features.
- Create PDFs and combine files
- Easy to use with user-friendly interface
- Convert files to and from PDF
- Apply and request electronic signatures
- Create and fill PDF forms
- Edit PDF files with too many options
- Review, mark up, and annotate PDF files
- Easy it deployment and management
- Keep PDFs secure by adding password protection and permissions
- A lot of features are accessible in pro version
3. Foxit Phantom PDF
Foxit Phantom PDF is all-in-one PDF software for reading, creating, editing and publishing PDFs in scale of personal user or business company. PhantomPDF is a PDF Editor that allows you to organize and manipulate your PDF to support your workflows quickly and easily. To enable authors to update their documents themselves, it provides powerful PDF Editor capabilities. You can change the document layout with this built-in editor by moving text boxes, changing their size, or how authorized text professionalizes documents by adding stamps, watermarks, headers, footers, numbering bates, etc. This product also allows you to create PDFs from all file formats in order to provide PDF 2.0 file views to Foxit as the first vendor.
One of the amazing features is convert webpages to PDF from the Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Firefox browsers. If you are finding a software to convert to and from PDF, TopWonk highly recommend PhantomPDF to you. You can easily convert PDF to Word, PowerPoint, and Excel or to image formats such as JPEG and PNG or to HTML and text and etc.
- manipulate PDF files and pages
- create PDF docs, forms, and portfolios
- scan to PDF, ocr PDF, and edit scanned pdfs
- super professional PDF editor
- annotate, share, and collaborate with PDF
- share information on PDF with other file formats
- encrypt, redact, and sign PDFs
- manage and automate the software upgrade process
- cloud-based PDF editor
- Confusing user-interface for beginner users
- Trial versoin has limit in features
If you want to download and install an easy-to-use and versatile in PDF, PDFelement is a good choise. This software, which supports all versions of Windows, such as 10, 8, 7 and Vista, is a worthy alternative to Acrobat Pro DC, which in PDF editing has been widely regarded as the industry standard. The good news is that there is a free trial for this fantastic PDF editor that comes with simple PDF editing solutions. It has many amazing features that include adding a signature and filling out PDF forms, annotating, editing, and exporting PDFs to other formats.
This program has 3 solution in its pro version includes; PDFelement Standard for personal using or small business, PDFelement Pro as most papular plan suitable for professionals and a growing team and PDFelement Business for enterprise volume licensing and large scale business.
- Open, read, create and edit PDF file
- Adjust view settings, set the default layout of the page, and zoom in
- Search and Replace Text Easily
- For quick PDF analysis and annotation, highlight, underline, or strike text
- Tools for drawing, including pencil, lines, arrows, ovals, rectangles, cloud, polygon editing, shift, cut, erase, copy, paste and insert new text and images
- Using OCR technology to edit, erase, cut, copy, paste and insert new text and photos in scanned (image) PDFs.
- Change attributes of font (type, scale, and style, alignment)
- Inserting, modifying or deleting headers and footers
- Creating PDFs from files in Microsoft Office
- Convert PDF to other formats that are entirely editable
- Extract all images to separate image files from a PDF file
- Build a password or digital signature, and apply it
- When used as a free PDF editor with the trial version, it has minimal functionality.
5. Sejda PDF Editor
Sejda is a complate solution for working on PDFs which developed as webapp and desktop software. With sejda you can create and edit PDF files, convert PDF files to office and image formats, apply PDF passwords and restrictions, compress PDF, watermark PDF and etc. With this large variety of features and its cheaper premium version sejda could be a good select for personal and business use. In free version you are limited to 3 tasks per day, compress files up to 100Mb, OCR files up to 10 pages, images up to 5Mb, combine up to 30 files and 50 pages,convert files one by one and all of this is unlimited in pro version.
- Combine and reorder pages visually, combine several PDF files,
- Documents Separated by Pages
- Convert PDF to Word, Excel, and image files
- Size reduction for PDF files
- A built-in, easy-to-use editor
- Add protection for copying and editing to a PDF
- Trim the PDF margins, alter the visible page area, adjust the size of the PDF page
- Add Watermark image or text to PDF documents
- Convert text and pictures from PDF to grayscale
- Many features are limit in free version
6. Nuance Power PDF
Nuance Power PDF is another powerful solution for editing and reading PDF file in windows. According to kofax (developer) more than 2 milion customers trust Power PDF include small to large business, students, researchers and other who is depend on PDF documents. Compared with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC that give $540 in 3 years for subscription Nuance Power PDF saves about 70% over 3 years for its pro version and only take about $180 from you.
Create and compile PDF files, including multiple files, from almost any document or form of file into a single PDF. PDF files can easily be converted to other formats, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, images and more, with an in-app converter. This software also gives you a built-in editor that can modify text, photographs, add annotations, apply stamps and more to edit and improve PDF documents.
- Easy-to-use, Office-style interface optimized for Windows
- Convert JPG files to PDF or convert PDF to JPG
- Digital and stamp-based signatures
- Collaboratively create and edit PDFs in real-time
- Automate the development of PDF jobs with the Watched Folder
- Apply the stamping of Bates to a single document or a full collection of documents
- Redact sensitive data from records
- Almost an old user-interface complared its alternatives
- Does not have free version for downloading
Today and with growing digital world, using digital documents is necessary in all platforms specially mobile phones and desktop systems. PDF is one of this important file formats that replaced to physical papers or one step before printing text on a paper. For all people with different position like a student, a company or others ability to read or edit a PDF file is a chalenge. We highly recommend Adobe Acrobat Pro DC as a really complate solution. If you don’t like or can’t pay for Acrobat DC our other offers are Nitro Pro and Foxit Phantom PDF and even PDFelement.
What’s the best PDF editor software for Windows 10?
We highly recommend Adobe Acrobat Pro DC as a really complate solution for PDF works.
Are these softwares paid or free?
There are 6 softwares on this list that include both free and paid. By all of them you are able to do basic functions like reading and editing PDFs.