If you have a mass of anonymous, unwanted, spam, and advertising calls and SMS 24 hours a day, these free applications will come in handy to identify the number who calls you. Some of these apps have gone a step further, as you can know the name, the street, the city, and the caller’s country. You may need to forward the call to another phone or device; Topwonk recommends Top Call Forwarding Apps for Android. But now, in this content, we want to introduce the Top 6 Caller ID Apps for Android users as will follow:
1. Truecaller: Caller ID & spam blocking
Among the top Caller ID Apps for Android, TrueCaller is probably the best one. Great app, which has been used for many years. Even nowadays, in 2021, this app is the first choice by many Android users. The user by this app can control easily and quickly any messages and calls from every number, company, and robot. TrueCaller has made it possible to call and message whoever you want and then record all of them. Everything you want from a real caller ID, TrueCaller has it all together. TrueCaller is one of the Best Voice Call Apps for Android by which you can use Voice calling to talk to your friends. Download, install and use of this application are all free.
- Most popular caller identification application in the world
- Call history backup, message history backup, call recording
- ability to ring when spam call received
- Automatic and quick detection of calls and messages from unknown numbers
- Free version has few ads
- App might put some calls automatically in the spam, without the user doing or wanting that
- It may does not work well on OnePlus phones
2. Whoscall – The caller ID and block App
One more app that deserves to be in the top Caller ID apps is Whoscall. With the advanced features of this app, you can block spam calls & SMS. Whoscall is very resembled TrueCaller in terms of Caller identification and Blacklisting. With this useful app, you can chat with other contacts. However, if you want a better and more diverse connection, you will benefit from the Best Video Call Apps Android. Whoscall has a huge source of fraudulent numbers that with such a database, users can be informed about phone numbers in the application without an online connection to the internet. Download and install this application are free, but you have to pay a little fee per month to use the full options.
- Convenient interface (offline mode and simple design)
- High security
- Built-in dialer
- Ability chat with anyone on the Whoscall conversation page
- In-app purchase of most functions
3. Mr. Number – Caller ID & Spam Protection
This app is one of the best Caller ID Apps for Android users who want to get rid of fake numbers and bothering telemarketing messages. With this useful application, you can block or limit fraudulent phone numbers that emerge on your phone screen. Mr. Number provides a feature that users can make a list of people or locations that they do not like to receive from them any messages or calls. Furthermore, Mr.Number is one of the best Call Forwarding Apps for Android, with the user who can choose whether reject the desired call or send it to voicemail. Download and install of this application are free, but after one month, a mere fee of $4 monthly is required.
- Diverting unknown numbers to voicemail
- Making blacklist of names, companies, and areas
- Ability to leave comments and view other users’ comments
- Showing call history
- All options are not free (in-app purchases)
- Sometime the call screen does not work
4. CIA – Caller ID & Call Blocker
Are you not familiar with this name? Yes, you guessed it. But we do not want to talk about that organization. CIA stands for this phrase, Caller Identification app. CIA, like all apps that were introduced above, block anonymous calls and filters messages appropriately. This app has a unique feature which is real-time working. Therefore, whenever one calls anonymously, you are notified by this app. Furthermore, you can learn about the name, address, and business information about the caller. Download, install, and use of this application are free.
- Predicting if the call is spam or not
- Alternative numbers
- Backup and control of contacts
- Huge database
- Slowness at times
5. Hiya Caller ID
Hiya may choose one who seeks to multi-function apps, easily find numbers, location of numbers, and block them. This ad-free app is tested and trusted by millions of users around the world. If you decide not to respond to unknown or spam calls, it would be enough to download this app. The free version can block all calls from a certain area code, eliminating 99% of any spam calls. Hiya recently announced that their company had overcome the voice network gap with the Hiya Voice Performance Platform. Download and use of this app are free. It’s better to know Hiya is on Best SMS Blocker Apps For Android list too.
- Avoiding unwanted calls or sending them directly to voicemail
- Large database of millions of phone numbers
- Very simple to operate
- Virus protection system
- Call blocker & spam alert
- Phone number lookup
- Low speed due to heavy multi-functions
- The SMS text blocker feature is not supported for some devices
6. Dialer, Phone, Call Block & Contacts by Simpler
The design of this application is elegant and clean. Caller ID is a powerful tool that can be easily worked with. The handy and fast application with a variety of features such as number search, location tracking, and block spams can provide you an excellent experience of one top caller ID application. The Caller ID app is the best Call Blocker for Android. This top-rated application has some features, including Smart Call Log and T9 Dialer, which are rarely seen in the same applications. If all you want is something basic, such as Dialer, recent calls, contacts, and of course missed call notification, this app will definitely be useful. Download, install, and use of this application are free.
- Contains huge database of numbers
- Equipped with a blacklist and diary
- Available in at least 15 languages
- Completely free
- Fewer options and functions in comparison with the other same apps
Considering all mentioned above, those applications have the same features, including identifying fake numbers, telemarketing operators, blocking calls and messages, and making a blacklist to reject unwanted calls. However, they have some nuanced differences. Every user who is bothered by spam calls and ad messages would like to use these apps according to their areas, type of smartphone, personality, and affordability. In below, there are some items of applications for comparison purposes:
- Blacklist: All 6 applications
- Free – without any ads: Caller ID
- Over 100 Million user: TrueCaller
- Divert to voicemail: TrueCaller, Mr.Number
- Availability of reports and comments: CIA, Mr.Number
- Real-time calling: CIA
- Send notification: Hiya, TrueCaller
- Save message: Mr.Number, TrueCaller
- Call & Message history: Mr.Number, TrueCaller
- Backup services: CIA, TrueCaller
- Recording services: TrueCaller
- Automatic blocking and detection: Mr.Number, TrueCaller, Hiya
- Smart Call Log function: Caller ID
- T9 Dialer: Caller ID
- Alternative numbers: CIA
- Offline mode: Whoscall
- Built-in dialer: Whoscall, TrueCaller
- Virus protection system: Hiya
- Call forwarding: Mr. Number, TrueCaller
- Voice call: TrueCaller
Is there an app that can identify unknown callers?
Yes, there are a lot of apps to identify unknown callers. TopWonk introduced some of them in this article.
What is the best alternative to TrueCaller?
Mr.Number, CIA, Caller ID, Hiya, and Whoscall are Top Caller ID Apps for Android 2021 and deserved alternatives to TrueCaller.
TrueCallre is banned in our country, what should we do?
There are a lot of apps to operate as a Caller ID. We introduced Mr.Number, CIA, Caller ID, Hiya, and Whoscall that appropriate alternatives to TrueCaller.
Are Caller ID applications safe?
All recommended apps that were recommended in the article are the most common in the world. People around the world have trusted them for many years and are apparently satisfied with their services.
How do I unmask No caller ID?
With recommended applications, you can unmask and identify these numbers and find out exactly who’s calling you from No Caller ID. That means their phone number, name, and even their address. Plus, with these apps, you can even make a blacklist of the unmasked phone number to prevent them from continuing to harass you.
Can police trace No caller ID?
It is said that this is not possible. Honestly, there is no exact information about it.